Just a quick heads up to remind all those in the Glasgow area that you can catch us Djing in the basment of IVY this new years eve from 9pm. We've both been scurrying around finishing some new edits especially so there should be a load of choice cuts aired on the night.
IVY is a lovely intimate venue which is the antithesis of the over-hyped, over-priced club nights that dominate the clubbing calendar at this time of year. So if you're still undecided where to go on Wednesday then you could do a lot worse than come down to 157 North Street...see you there ;)
Tickets are £5 from Tickets Scotland or the IVY itself.
Monday, December 29
Posted by Aliooft at 12/29/2008
Monday, December 22
Wednesday, December 10
Posted by The Revenge at 12/10/2008
Monday, December 8
Posted by The Revenge at 12/08/2008
Wednesday, December 3
Well here it is folks - the long-awaited reposting of the most-requested trax/edits that have graced our blog for the past 18 months. Thanks to everyone who told us what they'd like to see re-upped, gave out the kind words, and kept massaging our egos ;)
1. Madonna - La Isla Bonita (The Revenge Rework)
2. Willie Hutch - Brothers Gonna Work It Out (The Revenge Rework)
3. The Eagles - One Of These Nights (The Revenge Rework)
4. Bobby Womack - Inherit The Wind (The Revenge Rework)
5. The Revenge - The Snowman
6. Rene & Angela - Love You More (The Revenge Rework)
7. Chic - Lost in music (The Revenge Rework)
Posted by Aliooft at 12/03/2008
Sunday, November 30
Posted by Aliooft at 11/30/2008
Saturday, November 29
Posted by The Revenge at 11/29/2008
Monday, November 24
Posted by The Revenge at 11/24/2008
Thursday, November 20
Monday, November 17
Thursday, November 13
1. This Is The Place - Jazzanova
2. Carry On - Woolfy vs. Projection
3. Untitled - 6th Borough Project
4. Don't Look Any Further (The Revenge Rework) - Dennis Edwards
5. Do It To Tha Max - 6th Borough Project
6. Shake Your Body (SDC Edit) - Made In The USA
7. Estranged Lover - Craig Smith & The Revenge
8. Between The Sheets (The Revenge Rework) - The Isley Brothers
9. Nights Over Memphis (Original Mix) - 6th Borough Project
10. Just A Memory - 6th Borough Project
11. Looking Up To You (The Revenge Rework) - Michael Wycoff
12. Night Flight - The Revenge
13. Fighter - Mark E
14. Breathe & Stop (The Revenge Redd Version) - Q Tip
15. Get On Down - Mr Scruff
16. Hang On - 6th Borough Project
17. Untitled - The Revenge
18. Hypnotic (Main Mix) - Faze Action
19. Tonite (VIS Edit) - AME
20. Don't Make Me Wait (Todd Terje Edit) - Peech Boys
21. Balearic Incarnation (Todd Terje Extra Doll Mix)
22. Take It Easy - 6th Borough Project
23. Bourgie Bourgie (Joe Claussell's Classic Mix) - Ashford & Simpson
Posted by The Revenge at 11/13/2008
Monday, November 10
Thursday, November 6
Posted by The Revenge at 11/06/2008
Wednesday, November 5
Posted by The Revenge at 11/05/2008
Wednesday, October 29
Monday, October 20
Posted by The Revenge at 10/20/2008
Wednesday, October 15
This will be available from next week at Five20East HQ and following in a few stores. Usual story - 100 numbered copies - CD quality masters. Re-imaginings of Robert Palmer, The Isley Brothers, Q-Tip, Kool & The Gang and Foo Fighters.
192kbps download for 14 days.
LESS008 / The Revenge
Posted by The Revenge at 10/15/2008
Monday, September 29
I was doing some basic edits for my own use over the last week or so, but since we've not been posting too much of our proper works on here recently I thought I'd share this sympathetic DJ-friendly edit of a classic.
Teddy Pendergrass - You Can't Hide From Your Love (OOFT Edit)
Posted by Aliooft at 9/29/2008
Wednesday, September 24
Monday, September 15
We're fast approaching the end of the year and we'd like you lot to give us some ideas as to what tracks you'd like us to re-post for our end of year selection. We'll be doing a 'top-ten' list of 192kbps downloads and you can suggest any of the tracks we've posted so far for inclusion. Just post your 3 favourite tracks (max) in the comments section and we'll use those suggestions along with our own to make the final list.
We'll post the final selection at the beginning of December for 14 days.
Posted by The Revenge at 9/15/2008
Tuesday, September 2
Tuesday, August 26
The Revenge L.E.S.S. Productions CD will be appearing in the next few weeks, so I thought I'd give you a heads up on one of the tracks which will feature. We hope to get a tracklist to you in the next week or so. (Thanks to Harri for turning my ears on to the original Stevie Wonder track)
The Revenge - Night Flight
Posted by The Revenge at 8/26/2008
Tuesday, August 19
Here's a quick refix of a classic piece of deep filtered house from ol' Reel 2 Reel's Subliminal label way before it went "main room". Shows that a house track just doesn't need to be complicated as long as the groove is there.
Botella Project - Sensual Confessions (OOFT Edit)
Posted by Aliooft at 8/19/2008
Monday, August 18
Since we've not been posting too much round these parts recently I thought I'd stick up a number I've dug out for recent DJ sets - "Macs & Dons" off the extra versions of the Notorius BIGs seminal Ready to Die LP. Rough East Coast shizz all the way...
Posted by Aliooft at 8/18/2008
Thursday, August 7
This track from A Night At The Jazz Rooms has been kicking about for a while, and although all the tracks are nice, the obvious one sticks out for me. Alex Wilson does a great version of this Chaka track. I've tweaked it a bit for my sets over the summer.
Posted by The Revenge at 8/07/2008
Monday, August 4
Here's an old studio track from the Five20East stable which found it's way into my box again recently. Having only appeared on vinyl many years ago on the Hot Club Joints EP we're hoping to get some remixes done at some point and do a full digital release. Our good friend Paul Joseph shining on vocal duties here.
The Hong Kong Micros feat Paul Joseph - Love's Gonna Get Us (192kbps)
Posted by The Revenge at 8/04/2008
Wednesday, July 23
Posted by The Revenge at 7/23/2008
Monday, July 14
The 7th L.E.S.S. Productions CD has arrived today all shiny and new. We've got versions from the fantastic Social Disco Club (A top notch midtempo Tori dub) and DJ Mash (a nice disco-funk drop for the spotters) aswell as ourselves. All are WAV / AIFF / 1411KBPS quality as usual on the CD for the audiophiles and 100 numbered copies for promotional use. Available at the moment from Five20East and soon through a few specialist stores.
Notes : The 'Curtis' track was posted recently so we've not included that here. The 'Marvin' track has been remastered since we posted it a while back. All at 192kbps for 14 days.
Marvin Gaye - Heavy Love Affair (The Revenge Rework)
Ian Dury & The Blockheads - Spasticus Autisticus (OOFT Music Rework)
Tori Amos - Professional Widow (SDC Disco Mix)
The Choice Four - Down To Earth (Mash Compact Disco Edit)
Posted by The Revenge at 7/14/2008
Tuesday, July 8
The new L.E.S.S. Productions CD's will be available from next week. We'll post up some of the tracks for you before then (some you've heard, some you've not). For the meantime, here's a summer favourite with some tweakage since the sun is still out. Somewhere.
Gary's Gang - Lovedance Tonight (The Revenge Edit)
Posted by The Revenge at 7/08/2008
Thursday, July 3
We played a short but sweet set for our Subcity Radio homies a couple of weeks back on their outdoor stage as part of Glasgow's West End Festival. Little did we know however as we were (roughly) mixing records (Mp3's) that it was all being recorded for posterity! 45 minutes of new and old stuff straight outta the OOFT/Five20East/LESS camp...
OOFT Live at West End Festival June 15th 2008
1. Marvin Gaye - Heavy Love Affair (The Revenge Edit) (L.E.S.S. Productions)
2. The Revenge - Gimme The Night (CDR)
3. The The - Giant (Pilooski Edit) (CDR)
4. Positive Force - We Got the Funk (?)
5. Kool & The Gang - ? (The Revenge Edit) (CDR)
6. Hot Chocolate - My Cadillac (The Revenge Edit) (L.E.S.S. Productions/Jisco)
7. Popular Peoples Front - Get Down Shep (Popular Peoples Front)
8. The Revenge - All Weekend (L.E.S.S. Productions)
9. The Revenge - Reaction Time (Five20East)
10. Bobby Womack - Inherit The Wind (The Revenge Edit) (L.E.S.S. Productions)
11. Midnight Starr - Midas Touch (?)
12. TJ Kong & Nuno Santos - Dropout (Compost Black)
13. Peter Digital Orchestra - Juicy Lady (Believe)
Posted by Aliooft at 7/03/2008
Monday, June 30
We had a whale of a time at Snafu in Aberdeen on Saturday playing alongside Funky Transport. While the 4x4 still rushes through my bloodstream, here's a house mix I done recently covering some recent and classic numbers.
1. Separate Ways / Joe Lewis / Relief
3. Moonwalk / Blaze / Funky People
3. Paracosm / Andy Ash / CDR
4. Agoe / Manoo / Earthrumental Music
5. A2Z (The Revenge Dub) / Craig Smith / CDR
6. Drummin' / Alex Whizz / Magna
7. Radioactive George / Harri & The Revenge / CDR
8. Losing My Mind / Jovonn / Coco Soul
9. Inkle / Andy Ash / Five20East
10. High Rise Paradise / Harri & The Revenge / CDR
11. Set Them Free (The Revenge Edit) / Kenny Bobien / CDR
12. Walk This Land (The Revenge Edit) / The Undisputed Truth / CDR
13. Need (Melody Mix) / The Revenge / Five20East
14. Keep The Fire Burning (The Revenge Edit) / Gwen McCrae / CDR
15. Black Man In Space / Son Of Raw / Objektivity
16. The Climax (The Revenge Melody Edit) / Paperclip People / Planet E
17. Collins Ave (Instr) / Romanthony / White
18. Getting On Down (Dub) / Stacy Kidd / Camouflage Recordings
The Revenge - House Is Here (War Is Over) Mix
Posted by The Revenge at 6/30/2008
Saturday, June 28
Thursday, June 26
We are proud to wet you ear channels with news that the lovely Jisco Music have just released Cadillac & Planets together (posted some time ago right here) on one large black piece of plastic. It measures 12 inches and is covered in loads of little grooves which contain some of our work (and the work of others of course). Mark E's got a new one out on Jisco too which is damn fine.
Posted by The Revenge at 6/26/2008
Monday, June 23
Here's one I've been using to finish with recently, but it's also a good one for switching down to some reggae stuff or keeping on with some jump-up jungle if the feeling hits. Whichever way - the original is a fantastic song in it's own right I just wanted to lighten it a bit. More power to Mr Grohl and his foo-crew. (14 days on the download)
Foo Fighters - Everlong (The Revenge Rework)
Posted by The Revenge at 6/23/2008
Monday, June 16
It's been rinsed over the years by countless producers, but it's always good to have a new take on a classic I reckon. I've rolled it out again for a few gigs recently so I thought you peeps could use it for some of those summer situations.
Al Hudson & The Soul Partners - Music (The Revenge Mix)
Posted by The Revenge at 6/16/2008
Thursday, June 12
As a pre-emtive strike to our first appearance at the renowned club Snafu in Aberdeen, the chaps at the club asked us for an exclusive podcast showcasing the OOFT sound.
Well as you may know we always find it difficult to fit in our range of toons to an hour long mix, but I tried my hardest in this one-take live mix using my trusty Serato. There's some L.E.S.S. exclusives, recent club bangers and a fair few old faves from the last couple of years. Go seek here.
Posted by Aliooft at 6/12/2008
Tuesday, June 3
Although we're not heading out to The White Isle this year, I've always imagined this may suit the sunset / sunrise sessions. Doesn't quite have the same resonance on a wet weekend in Glasgow. Hopefully the sun will shine for us at Rockness this weekend.
Madonna - La Isla Bonita (The Revenge Rework)
Posted by The Revenge at 6/03/2008
Saturday, May 31
Apologies for the lack of posts around these parts recently - we've been working on some new stuff for our upcoming L.E.S.S. Productions releases. With that in mind here's an edit that didn't make the cut but is still pretty good I think. Quantic & Spanky's jazz-funk outing given an old school acid house reworking, OOFT style.
Posted by Aliooft at 5/31/2008
Monday, May 19
Phew! It's been hot up here and so work has been slower than usual. We'll have some new things for you very soon though. In the meantime, here's a recent mix I put together for y'all with some past and future nods from our own stable and the stables of others.
1. Estranged Lover / Craig Smith & The Revenge / Five20East
2. Rocky Mountain Drifter / Harri & The Revenge / CDR
3. The Boys Doing It (Carl Craig Mix) / Hugh Masekela / Verve Records
4. The Hangout / Wouda / Dopeness Galore
5. Take Some Time Out For Love (The Revenge Edit) / Salsoul Orchestra / CDR
6. Xenon Galaxy (Idjut Boys Bonus Beats) / Xenon / Radius Records
7. Livin' This Day / Chris Barker / Five20East
8. Desperate Hours / Quiet Village / Lo Recordings
9. Macho City (DJ Harri Edit) / Steve Miller Band / L.E.S.S.
10. Brothers Gonna Work It Out (The Revenge Rework) / Willie Hutch / L.E.S.S.
11. Kinda Funky (The Revenge Edit) / Kool & The Gang / CDR
12. Hopscotch (Harri & The Revenge Rework) / Gwen Guthrie / CDR
13. Get All Twisted / 6th Burough Project / CDR
14. Ain't No Shame / Cronk Family Enterprises / CDR
15. The Fitting Room / Cronk Family Enterprises / CDR
16. Your Gonna Miss Me (DJ Harri Edit) / Turntable Orchestra / CDR
17. Betcha Wouldn't Hurt Me (OOFT Music Rework) / Quincy Jones / L.E.S.S.
18. You Got Me Runnin (Danny Krivit Edit) / Lenny Williams / Strut
The Revenge - Pitched Down House Sound Mix
Posted by The Revenge at 5/19/2008
Monday, May 5
As promised last week, here's a recent mix of deepness, OOFT style. Mixed in one take using 2 turntables, a mixer, and serato there's tracks from friends and heroes alike.
OOFT Deepened House Mix '08
Sweet Exorcist - Marathon Men
Takin No Shorts - Quarion
Because Of You (Yoruba Soul mix) - Michelle Amador
Mason in my Basin - Andy Ash
Junta (Stripped rights version) - Andy Ash
Plush - Redshape
Childhood's End - Pele
Dangly Panther (Joris Voorn) - Jimpster
A Black Man In Space (Sax Mix) - Son Of Raw
Need (OOFT! Music Remix) - The Revenge
Afrika Man - Nubian Mindz
Ghosts In My Machine - Milton Jackson
Downfall - Armando
Portamento (Palm Skin Remix) - Manuel Tur
Unfinished Symmetry (Part 1 & 2) - Redshape
Posted by Aliooft at 5/05/2008
Monday, April 28
We've got Mark E (Jisco / Running Back) making his Glasgow debut alongside DK (Ninja Tune) for our Bank Holiday bash at Ivy this weekend so I thought I'd post an edit I'd done a while back of one of Tata Vega's tracks (Mark famously reworked Get It Up For Love for Jisco). We'll be supporting alongside our good friend Boom Monk Ben who is now taking care of our bookings through his agency Mixed Bizness.
Tata Vega - Love Your Neighbour (The Revenge Edit)
Posted by The Revenge at 4/28/2008
Thursday, April 24
One we've been playing a fair bit of late is a G.A.M.M. favourite from days of yore. Grab a hold of their compilation CD if you can get your hands on it for some digital delights of some of their best stuff. Ali's just knocked up a new OOFT! mix of the deep variety which starts with this very track. We'll post it shortly ...
Marathon Men - Sweet Exorcist
Posted by The Revenge at 4/24/2008
Monday, April 21
The final 3 tracks from the latest installment of our Forever In Their Debt series. This new one covers hip-hop, funk, new jack swing, house and disco in one compact (disc) package. 128kbps for 14days ...
Banbarra - Shack Up (The Revenge Edit)
Today - I Got The Feeling (The Revenge New Jack Stack)
Francine McGee - Delerium (Chris Harris Edit)
Posted by The Revenge at 4/21/2008
Wednesday, April 16
We've been topping up our studio tans again. This was initially gonna be part 1 & part 2 but they both just seemed to sit well on the same single. After working hard on the edits for L.E.S.S. it was good to make the switch to a straight-up house jam. Representing NYC and the bassline lovers.
This is out now and as usual, you can buy high quality MP3s from the Five20East store where your custom will be very much appreciated. :)
Craig Smith & The Revenge - Hit Em'
Craig Smith & The Revenge - Hit Em' Back
Posted by The Revenge at 4/16/2008
Monday, April 14
As promised, here are another couple of cuts from the new 6th Borough Project disc on L.E.S.S.. Some extended jazz-funk drum workouts on '7 Grams Of Funk' and an end-of-night slab of solar business on 'Planets'. Our friend Chris Keys has covered another track over on his interplanetary Another Night On Earth blog. CD quality limited edition here ...
6th Burough Project - 7 Grams Of Funk
6th Burough Project - Planets
Posted by The Revenge at 4/14/2008
Wednesday, April 2
We've got two new L.E.S.S. Productions CD's out next week so here's a peak at a couple of tracks from the first (I'll post some more next week).
LESS005 is 6th Borough Project's "On The Rinse" editing some rare and not so rare funk, boogie, disco. 'Nights Over Memphis' is our deepest excursion for a while and is a small tribute to Martin Luther King's legacy (spookily this week is the 40th anniversary of his assassination - RIP). 'So Glad' is a slice of midtempo, beefed-up-boogie-business. Up for your pleasure for 14 days at 128kbps.
6th Borough Project - Nights Over Memphis
6th Borough Project - So Glad
Posted by The Revenge at 4/02/2008
Monday, March 24
Just a quick heads up to let you know that Ninja Tune have been kind enough to put one of our DJ mixes up on this weeks Solid Steel Radio broadcast. Let's be honest, these guys are the undisputed dons of internet radio and podcasting, so we're pretty chuffed that they like our style ;)
Go take a peek here.
Posted by Aliooft at 3/24/2008
Monday, March 17
One thing we don't feature too much on this blog is hiphop, which is mighty strange as both us OOFT cats are always laying down some hippedy beats when we DJ. Anyways in keeping with posting up forgotten gems that get a regular airing round our way, check this (one of my favourite hiphop records ever) early nineties joint courtesy of Black Moon which samples the beautiful "Wind Parade" by Donald Byrd. Smooth.
Black Moon - Buck 'Em Down (Da Beatminerz Remix)
Posted by Aliooft at 3/17/2008
Wednesday, March 12
Next up in the lost gems series of posts is this 80's acid house groover from Jack Frost aka Adonis. Clap Me is all about the groove, with basic drums flitting in and out of the seriously funky 303 pattern. Still sounds great 20 years after it was made.
Posted by Aliooft at 3/12/2008